Monday, October 16, 2006

Notes: Warning

An unpleasant surprise in my basement this weekend. While organizing the portion of the basement where I store my homebrew equipment, I opened a case of wheat beer that I had brewed this summer. The batch was relegated to the basement because it was flawed. While not so bad that I need to dump it, it's not great. I keep it around and have a beer from the case every once and a while, hoping it will get better with age. Unfortunately, when I opened the box, I discovered tiny shards of glass--one of the bottles had exploded! I'll be drinking the rest of these REALLY soon so that I don't end up with shrapnel all over the basement. Bummer.

And to Matt, who helped me brew this batch and may have a few bottles left over, take caution. You have been warned.

No comments: